Article by Anna Hall - The Brunswick NewsView Article
Statue of Neptune Small to be placed at park that bears his name by Terry Dickson - The Florida Times-Union
Chantal Pierre, Athletic Trainer for Southeast Georgia Health System, was a guest instructor at the Career Academy. Ms. Pierre worked with Ms. Susan Barber’s sports medicine class. Ms. Pierre talked about different sport’s injuries that athlete’s incur. She also taught the students how to tape an ankle.
Dr. Rick Townsend, CEO, commented on the strong relationship GICA has with Southeast Georgia Health System. The Career Academy and the Health System have been partners since GICA opened in 2009. Southeast Georgia Health System provided our advanced students in health care science real-world experience in the hospital setting by allowing them to complete rotations in the various departments within the hospital. Additionally, the Health System provided students an opportunity to complete internships within their facilities department for our students who are pursuing a career in such occupations as an electrician, plumber, carpenter, or HVAC technician.
The Career Academy Foundation invites all seniors who attended GICA at least two semesters including Work Based Learning students to apply for one of the GICA Foundation’s scholarships. Scholarship packets can be downloaded or picked-up at the counselor’s office or with Ms. Overby at GICA. Up to 13 scholarships will be awarded.
3D printing has been a central piece of curriculum for Mr. Neeld's Graphics Communications classes. Read the entire article...
More Articles ...
- Ushering in Technology 2015-16
- FFA Students Learn Outside the Classroom
- Students, Businesses See Benefits From Partnerships
- Raising and Keeping the Cream of the Crop
- School Expecting Record Numbers
- Where the Jobs Are
- Career Academy Student Wins Region in State Poster Contest
- End of Pathway Certificate Earners
- Georgia Partnership for Excellence Bus Trip (GPEE)
- GICA Congratulates the Welding Students!
- Governor Perdue is Keynote Speaker At GICA Grand Opening Event
- Welcome Breakfast sponsored by Marshland FCU
- Opening Day at GICA – Thursday August 6, 2009!
- Altamaha Technical College attends Expo for the Georgia School Counselors Association
- GICA VEX Robotics Team on Its Way to World Competition
- Altamaha Technical College Board Members Meet at GICA
- Tom Connolly Receives Appreciation Award from GICA
- Robotics Team Gets Corporate Boost from Georgia Pacific
- Career Academy Enrollment Climbs
- Robotics Team Set to Compete